If you’re looking to protect and enhance the appearance of your car’s door jambs, consider investing in door jamb wraps. These protective films offer a layer of defense against scratches, scuffs, and other damages while adding a touch of style.
In this comprehensive blog, we will explore the concept of door jamb wraps, highlight their benefits, and provide a step-by-step guide on how to install them.
Whether you’re a car enthusiast or simply want to safeguard your vehicle, this article will equip you with the necessary information about car door jamb wraps.
Understanding Door Jamb Wraps:
Door jambs are specialized protective films designed to cover the inner door jambs of your vehicle. Ours are made from high-quality vinyl that are resistant to abrasions, chemicals, and UV rays. These wraps are precisely cut to fit the contours of your car’s door jambs and can be customized with various finishes and textures to match your style preferences.
Benefits of Door Jamb Wraps:
- Protection against Damage: door jamb wraps act as a shield, protecting your door jambs from scratches, scuffs, and other minor damages caused by everyday use or external factors. They are particularly effective in safeguarding the vulnerable areas where the doors come into contact with the vehicle’s body.
- Preservation of Aesthetics: By installing door jamb wraps, you can preserve the original appearance of your car’s door jambs. The wraps help prevent paint chipping or wearing off, preserving the integrity of the door jambs’ finish.
- Easy Maintenance: Car door jamb wraps are easy to clean and maintain. You can simply wipe them with a gentle cleaning solution and a microfiber cloth to keep them looking fresh and new. They are also resistant to discoloration, ensuring long-lasting aesthetics.
- Resale Value: Investing in car door jamb wraps can contribute to maintaining the resale value of your vehicle. By preserving the appearance and condition of the door jambs, you enhance the overall appeal and desirability of the car to potential buyers.
Installing car door jamb wraps requires attention to detail and precision. Follow these steps for a successful installation:
- Gather the Necessary Tools: You will need a microfiber cloth, isopropyl alcohol, a squeegee or soft card, a heat gun or hairdryer, and a sharp knife or blade.
- Clean the Door Jambs: Thoroughly clean the door jambs using isopropyl alcohol and a microfiber cloth. Ensure the surface is free from dirt, dust, and grease. This step is crucial for proper adhesion.
- Measure and Cut the Wrap: Measure the dimensions of the door jambs and cut the car door jamb wrap accordingly. Leave a slight overlap to ensure full coverage.
- Apply the Wrap: Peel off a small portion of the backing paper from the wrap. Align the exposed edge with the door jamb and apply gentle pressure using a squeegee or soft card. Gradually peel off the backing paper while smoothing out the wrap, working your way along the door jamb.
- Use Heat for Contouring: Use a heat gun or hairdryer to warm the wrap gently. This will make it more pliable and allow it to conform to the curves and contours of the door jamb. Use the squeegee or soft card to press and smooth out any air bubbles or wrinkles.
- Trim Excess Wrap: Once the wrap is applied and smoothed out, use a sharp knife or blade to trim any excess material along the edges of the door jamb. Take your time and make precise cuts for a neat and professional finish.
Our wraps provide an effective solution for protecting and enhancing the appearance of your vehicle’s door jambs. By installing these wraps, you can safeguard against damages, preserve aesthetics, and maintain the resale value of your car. Follow the step-by-step installation guide provided, and enjoy the long-lasting benefits of door jamb wraps. Take pride in a vehicle that looks great both inside and out.